Wednesday 1 April 2020

A poem



I sat beside myself all night/ and I heard the flicker from the light bulb speak to me.
“Say something,” it said. Say something before you die this night and miss your heaven.

It wanted me to say how my body is a talker, 
and that it speaks for itself.

It tells me that 1 more Fela would have changed my country | But isn’t there something that keeps even Cowards busy?

What we want is a general better life, we the Nigerian people - and now we know that we must work for it!

Good water, good road, working society, 
African vibes and a life that is free of virus.

You see, you can literally never become more Roman than the Catholic | But step by step, Africa must rediscover itself!


Photo credit: ART SCENE
Source: Www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment