Sunday 5 April 2020

Come with me to Nairobi

To my dear baby,
We should leave this place when the war is over.
Our bodies have become stories too broad to be confined within borders
& our freedom still pricks when it is restricted.
So come with me to Nairobi,
the Matatus can’t wait to taste our sweetness on their lips.
Me & You, living off the elixir from our free souls -
souls that have become refutations to blinding dogmas.

We would sell everything; our prettiness and our logic.
We would just be two sweating flesh, eating each other  
on the floor of a hotel whose name we can’t even pronounce.
I would drink some wine, you would swallow my thoughts &
we would be drunk from the deafening sound of our jolting defiance.

You must come with me to Nairobi, my dear baby,
in another life time | after we fight a virus we know how to beat.


Photo credit: Www.history.com
Source: Www.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment